Level 2 Bench Joinery Apprenticeship Hazlin of Ludlow Ltd
We are offering apprenticeships in Bench Joinery and Wood Machinists. Key attributes needed is a willingness to learn, application of knowledge learnt. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Sep 2022
30 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will be to learn & run modern wood working machinery to manufacture door frames, screens, windows, and other joinery components.
You will also learn to
- Glaze fire doors
- Manufacture mouldings for the projects that we work on
- You will report to team leader & shop foreman for the area that you are working in
Machines that you will work on include:
- Weinig Vari-rip saw
- CNC set up
- 6 head Weinig Moulder
- Martin CNC controlled spindle moulders
- Altendorf sliding table saw
- Homag CNC machining centre plus classic joinery machines
- You will also learn to assemble door frames, joinery doors including fire detailing to ensure that the doors meet the fire certification
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to organise workload
- Ability to relate to people
- Good communicator and organiser.
- Strong team ethos
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Have high standards of work mentality
- Ideally GCSE maths and English at C/4 or above
- We would look to progress the selected candidates on to achieve Level 3 with the prospect of full time employment within our company
Things to consider
It is not essential to be able to drive for this Apprenticeship but transport to your employment is essential.
About the employer
Hazlin is a leading manufacturer of bespoke manufacture of fire doorsets. Turnover of the company is £7.2m producing doors & doorset from basic flush doors to complex traditional joinery doors sets. Our products are supplied to schools, health organisations, commercial environments and upmarket residential.
Leading projects that we have supplied to include the Design Museum in Kensington London, Queens Gallery, Royal Society and leading financial institutions and health complexes. In 2019 supplied over 400 traditional fire rated joinery doors to a new 5 Star Hotel in Buxton.
Nothing is ever straight forwards.
Since 2017 Hazlin has invested over £1.4m in new machinery to improve its manufacturing capabilities. The company will continue to invest to grow the business.
Hazlin of Ludlow Ltd
Shrewsbury Colleges Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Shrewsbury Colleges Group
Jules Rhodes 07970168940 firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to obtain the Bench Joinery Level 2 standard;
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.