Controlled Assessment Apprentice South Essex College
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within an essential College function. Working in the Exams department while completing a Business Administrator apprenticeship.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
31 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
To play a key role in the provision of robust Management Information Services for the College by supporting the Controlled Assessment Team Leader and the Examinations Team ensuring all learners are enrolled for and entered for relevant Controlled Assessments within the set deadlines. The Controlled Assessment Apprentice should contribute to ensuring that every student receives the appropriate support for their Controlled Assessments and that all awarding body regulations are adhered to. Duties to include-
- To contribute towards ensuring examination, registration, and certification data is complete, accurate and entered promptly in the college database
- To gain and continuously improve knowledge of all awarding body guidance and processes used across the college
- To contribute towards ensuring all registrations are uploaded to the awarding bodies with the set deadlines, whilst taking into account awarding bodies refund policies
- To contribute towards ensuring all certificates are processed and sent to students within a timely manner
- To contribute towards maintaining the colleges examinations timetable, ensuring students receive correct support, invigilation has been arranged, and the appropriate parties notified
- Deliver a culture of excellent customer service and implement and act upon appropriate service delivery targets
- Deal with routine telephone and email enquiries from staff and students in relation to Examinations, registrations, and certifications queries
- To contribute towards ensuring all access arrangements are made for the college, liaising with support staff where necessary to ensure students get the support they require. This includes receiving evidence, maintaining records, make applications to awarding bodies, preparing exam packs and ensure cover sheet are completed
- To ensure the College’s procedures and practices conform to data protection and other Legislation
- To liaise with both internal and external stakeholders in matters relating to Examinations
- To disseminate information to staff throughout the College, and to improve their understanding of its meaning
- To work proactively with internal stakeholders across the College – taking initiative to resolve issues as they arise and contribute to appropriate College meetings
- To be able to Invigilate in line with the JCQ and awarding body rules and regulations which include the use of External Invigilation software (Secure Client, Pearson Online Platform etc.)
- Assist with year-end processes; which include exam invigilation, processing certificates, updating the college data base with achievement data etc.
- Assist with the college enrolment season, ensuring data collected is accurate and entered in college database
- To promote the safeguarding and health and wellbeing of students and staff throughout all aspects of your role
- Take appropriate action to familiarise yourself with College policies and procedures, apply in practice and ensure full compliance
- To contribute and participate in any continual professional development opportunities provided and actively work to create a positive team culture
- To carry out any additional tasks as directed by the Principal and Chief Executive or other members of the Senior Leadership and Management Team
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to provide an efficient and effective service
- Good team working skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
- Effective IT skills and experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using databases
- Relevant administrative experience
- An awareness of the need for accuracy and confidentiality
- The ability and commitment to act in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- A commitment to personal professional development
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners
- Satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- A commitment to equality & diversity
GCSE maths and English at GSCE grade C / 4, or level 2 equivalent.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship may lead to full time employment within the college, but this would depend on vacancies that are available at the time. This role will give the candidate good all-round administration experience in working in a fast paced environment for a large college.
Things to consider
This is an office-based role that will require considerable computer work.
Travel to Basildon and Thurrock campuses may be required.
About the employer
The College was founded in 1899 as an art school and was renamed later as the Junior Day Technical School. It was then restructured to include commercial and industrial provision such as plumbing. The College became South East Essex College of Arts and Technology (SEECAT) in 1991.
In 2004, the College relocated to the campus in the centre of Southend. On 1 January 2010, the College formally merged with Basildon and Thurrock College and was renamed South Essex College of Further and Higher Education.
In 2013 The Forum Southend-on-Sea opened which has an area dedicated to South Essex on the third floor. This area accommodates our Higher Education provision.
in 2014 our Thurrock campus relocated to a new building in the centre of Grays.
In 2019 the College opened a new campus in Stephenson Road, Southend, which specialises in engineering and construction.
In February 2019 the College merged with PROCAT, a specialist engineering and construction provider based in Basildon, Canvey Island and Ilford.
In January 2021 the College opened a new campus in Basildon, which specialised in Digital.
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 email@example.com
Full Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.