Painter and Decorating Apprenticeship H&S Decorating Specialists Ltd
H&S Decorating Specialists is an established Painting and Decorating company. We are currently seeking to employ apprentices to work on some of our prestigious projects.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
29 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will have the responsibilities as outlined below:
- Signing in and out to each project on a daily basis as per our client’s specific requirements
- Reporting the H&S Decorating Site Supervisor
- Ensuring that the company is professionally represented at all times on client's property
- Undertaking works in a manner which is compliant with the specifications and appropriate British Standards and for ensuring that the highest possible standards are completed at all times
- You will be expected to Read Method Statements, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and Manual Handling Assessments to ensure that the correct method of working is properly understood and adhered to at all times
- Ensure the appropriate PPE requirements are implemented at all times and correct use of access equipment
- Have a site induction specific to the site you are working on
- Report all accidents, incidents & near miss occurrences to your supervisor or manager
- Assisting the site team on various site duties
- Must be able to work in a clean and professional manner by keeping all work areas clean, keeping overalls clean etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good numerical and written skills
- Good time management skills
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Polite and willing to learn new skills
- Interest in the construction industry
- Ability to work under instructions from supervisors
- GCSEs or equivalent in maths and English (Desired but not essential)
- CSCS Card (Desired but not essential)
After successful completion of the apprenticeship you will continue your career as a painter and decorator with management opportunities when available.
Things to consider
Working on various sites which will involve travelling to sites daily.
Working on construction sites during the winter.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
About the employer
H&S Decorating Specialists Ltd, is an established painting and decorating company based in Iver. We carry out painting and decorating projects within Central London and the home counties, including New Builds, Social Housing, Industrial Coatings, Specialist finishes. H&S Decorating works with major contractors have worked on major projects such as Heathrow Terminal 2 and the Olympic Village.
Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Emma Raymond 01753 443857 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required.
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.