Apprentice Dental Nurse Greencroft Lodge Dental Practice
Greencroft Lodge Dental Practice are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Apprentice Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
29 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Will receive training in the following:
- Assisting the dentists and hygienist with clinical procedures
- Sterilisation and performing cross infection control after each patient
- Will learn reception skills and clerical duties. Will learn how to operate R4 clinical software
- Ensure that the dental surgery operates efficiently with stock control
- Training in medical emergencies and CPR
- Setting up and preparing the dental surgery for clinical sessions
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and teach new systems/equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent (We can accept a grade 3/D in one of these).
Potential full time employment.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.