Apprentice Laboratory Technician TD CONSTRUCTION TESTING LTD
Apprentice Laboratory Technician required to carry out testing of construction materials for an independent UKAS accredited testing laboratory based in St Helens.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
26 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Work alongside the Lab Section Manager, Senior Technicians and a small team of technicians, duties will include:
- Testing soils, aggregates, concrete and asphalt for density and strength
- Filling out all test documentation correctly
- Checking equipment calibration status
- Undertaking sampling preparation
- Lifting of bags weighing between 20-25 kilos
- Other ad-hoc laboratory duties as requested by senior staff
- Training will be provided by the company
Requirements and prospects
- Good level of attention to detail and good mathematical skills
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Mature attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Keen to learn and grow with the company
- Able to work in a safe manner and use equipment safely
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This is a growing company with good career prospects for the right candidate. The previous apprentice has recently been promoted to senior laboratory technician.
Things to consider
Consider a travel plan to make sure you can get to the vacancy.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Accredited Construction Materials Testing Laboratory company who provide UKAS accredited material testing services to the construction industry, nationwide. Projects include: Manchester Airport, Trafford Park Line (Metrolink), University of Central Lancashire and HS2.
ST HELENS CHAMBER LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by St Helens Chamber Limited
Adam Gardam 01744 742103 firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory Technician Level 3.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.