Early Years Educator Apprentice London Early Years Foundation
We have now opened our 2021 Early Years Educator level 3 apprenticeship programme! We are recruiting motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious learners to join us. You will be based at one of our 38 nurseries in London and receive excellent training and support from our dedicated team.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
25 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Reports To: Nursery Manager
Supervisor: Room Leader/Mentor
Supporting Child Development
- To be a co-key person in maintaining children's learning journeys if appropriate
- To support the maintenance of objective, accurate and up-to-date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these as a basis for future planning
- To support the planning and organizing of activities and experiences which will support and extend the children’s learning in line with EYFS and LEYF curriculum
- To maintain a basic up to date knowledge of child development and the early years curriculum
Communication and Engagement
To support the nursery staff in working in partnership with parents, both formally and informally.
- To communicate and engage with children to support their speech and language development using different methods i.e. Makaton, Pecs
- To communicate effectively with members of the Nursery Team
- To welcome parents to the nursery in a cheerful and friendly manner
Child Protection, Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of the Child
- To be alert to issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protect concerns to the person in charge
- To support the management of children’s behaviour and routines in line with LEYF’s policies and guidelines
- To undertake specific tasks related to the safety and hygiene of the children and the cleanliness of the nursery, maintaining a cleaning routine under the direction of the Nursery Leadership Team
- To work within LEYF’ Equal Opportunities Policy and contribute to maintaining an inclusive environment
- To work within all the relevant LEYF policies and procedures
- To participate in outings and trips including Health and Safety aspects
- To support children, parents and carers during key transitions
Multi-agency and Integrated Working
- When appropriate to work alongside nursery staff in liaising with other professionals in an effective and timely way
- To support improvements in quality across the curriculum
- To maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- To cascade information as needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in the performance management framework and regularly attend supervision
- To attend training sessions as required
- To undertake any other tasks as requested by the Management
- To provide cover in other nurseries in the local area as required by the Nursery Manager
- To work within all LEYF policies and procedures
Shared Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with colleagues as part of the Nursery team
- To participate fully in meetings
- To be an ambassador for LEYF
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working and learning
- Sense of humour and a willingness to learn
- Friendly and polite
- Professional and patient
- Tender and kind
- Energy, enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
- Passionate about education and children
- Participate in your own development
- Able to commit to a full apprenticeship programme
- Pro-active manner
- At least a Grade C (4 or 5) in GCSE English OR Level 2 Functional skills in English
- First aid qualification (willingness to train for this)
We can also take applications with a Level 2 (or lower) in childcare who want to work towards their Level 3 Early Years Educator Qualification.
- Possible full time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship, opportunity to become part of the new talent for one of the biggest nursery chains in London.
Things to consider
- 30% Oyster discount for year one
- NUS Apprentice extra card
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Together with families and communities we enable each child to be the best they can be through wonderful experiences that enrich and extend their learning.
For the last 115 years we’ve seen our organisation as a catalyst for long-term social change, as well as a successful business.
We reinvest all profit back into the business. This includes staff training and appreciation, continually developing our approach to learning and development.
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Nina Sandhu 07724847420 email@example.com
Early Years Educator level 3 standard
What does the qualification cover?
- The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
- 18 months long programme
- 50 days training
Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators.
We have structured the units around three themes:
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.