Business Administration Apprentice World Cargo Logistics Ltd.
An excellent opportunity to work within the transportation industry undertaking all aspects of administration related to logistics, including learning about export procedures.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
25 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will include all general office duties listed below (but not restricted to):
- Maintaining a complex filing system keeping the archived filing up to date (packing into storage boxes)
- Dealing with EU Import clearances and emails referring to this
- Entering data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy and speed
- Processing and raising Invoices
- Answering the telephone in a professional helpful manner
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries when needed
- Responsible for coordinating the post and taking to the post box / local post office when needed
- Keeping his / hers area of working clean and tidy and be considerate of others
Duties will change as the candidate develops and becomes more experienced. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to learn about export procedures.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literacy (MS Office desirable)
- Good time management skills and punctuality
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Attention to detail / ability to work with accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An enthusiastic and friendly approach to work
- Willing to learn and develop
- Self-motivated and a commitment to complete all tasks
- Ability to prioritise own responsibilities effectively
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach
Grade C / 4 and above (or equivalent) in GCSE English and maths.
A permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship with further development opportunities.
Things to consider
Additional to the on-line application please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
Chamber Training place the advert on behalf of the employer seeking apprentices and carry out interview / assessment prior to employer interviews. Please ensure that you provide a current email address and contact number to enable us to contact you upon receipt of your application to organise interviews. Failure to attend interviews will result in automatic cancellation of application.
*Please note all applicants must apply through this website and must not contact the employer direct. The employer must not be contacted by other providers or external organisations, all contacts are being monitored and will be reported to the ESFA.
This vacancy may close earlier than stated due to the high demand we are anticipating in response to the advert. We will therefore close the vacancy should the employer receive an adequate number of applications.
About the employer
World Cargo Logistics is an established forwarder within the transportation industry with the management having a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from. Heavy investment has been made in the latest technology but the traditional values of providing a professional and personalised level of service is still upheld a commodity which is rare in the busy environment of today. The staff of World Cargo Logistics are trained to the highest standard in order that optimal service is achieved, whether this is the handling of dangerous goods, letter of credit application (LC) customs brokerage or special project work.
World Cargo Logistics believe that in today's ever changing climate the need to be FLEXIBLE is of paramount importance; rates and services are not simply laid down in a tariff but tailored to the specific needs of each individual customer. In this way our service develops with the customer's requirements ensuring that whatever the scenario World Cargo Logistics are in the position to provide the service.
Your business is our business, a fact which will never be forgotten and one that can only aid and assist the growth and productivity of World Cargo Logistics Limited.
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will need to complete a full Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard and will include:
BTEC Level 3 Diploma for Business Administrators
- Business Fundamentals
- Understanding Your Employer Organisation
- Understanding Personal Effectiveness in an Administrative Work Environment
- Using IT for Business
- Communicating in a Business Environment
- Managing Administrative Services
- Project Management
- Managing Personal Effectiveness in an Administrative Job Role
- English Level 2 - Speaking and Listening
- English Level 2 - Reading
- English Level 2 - Writing
- Mathematics Level 2
20% Additional off the job training - Must be at least 20% of the time; is paid and outside the normal day-to-day working duties. It can include: Theory teaching, Practical training (e.g. shadowing, mentoring, industry visits, attendance at competitions) Learning support, Writing assignments/assessments, research.
End Point Assessment (Requirement to achieve the Apprenticeship Standard).
The candidate will be allocated an individual assessor with regular "on the job" visits with additional support available where required.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.