Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Jayne Elliott
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Lutterworth. Jayne Elliott is looking for an apprentice hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 21 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Feb 2022
25 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A prestigious Salon in Lutterwoth. Jayne Elliott Hair salon is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team
This will be a full-time position working a minimum of 30 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working at least one late evening and Saturdays are essential.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing client’s hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given), assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- Excellent punctuality
- Eager to learn
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training program plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning
- Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing Apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon
- There will be some long busy periods
- Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Jayne Elliott is a high-end salon in Lutterworth strive for the best that they can provide within the industry. It is a very trendy, upbeat salon so would require a candidate with enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hair Professional standard
- Functional Skills maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.