Apprentice Commis Chef Pipers Restaurant
We are looking for motivated, passionate individuals to join our team as Apprentice Chefs with a can-do attitude. Pipers offers a dining experience providing high quality English cuisine, with an emphasis on fresh local produce. We have recently opened our outdoor dining area therefore we are expanding our team.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
24 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim to delivering an excellent customer experience. You would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Ensuring all menu items and specials are prepared, cooked and presented to Pipers specification
- Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum
- Receiving and checking food deliveries
- Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly
- Maximising the full sales potential of the restaurant and ensuring high standards are maintained
Requirements and prospects
You must have basic cooking skills and have the willingness to learn new ones.
You will have a good working attitude and enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment.
- 4 GCSE’s at grades A*- D (9-3) including maths and English (or equivalent)
- Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to Interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment
To become a Commis chef in the team on completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Position requires one day trial working along the chefs.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Opened by head Chef Ian Piper (formerly head chef at The Villa) and wife Shelley, the food served is modern English in style with a focus on local produce.
The restaurant itself is situated on the main high street of the picturesque market town of Garstang, the world’s first Fair Trade town, and as such Pipers strives to support this ethical stance by using fair trade produce wherever it can. The unique building dates back to the eighteenth century and still retains it quaint character and charm.
The restaurant opens for bistro style lunches between Thursday and Saturday and also offers great value three course lunches on Sundays. In the evenings we offer an a la carte menu which is supplemented midweek by a three course market menu with an early bird option.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524 521438 email@example.com
Commie Chef Level 2
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster & Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the Commis Chef Apprenticeship programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training Session here at Lancaster & Morecambe College.
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.