Cable assemblies, reading drawings to assemble wiring network and cable looms to meet drawing specifications.
Apprentice Production Operative
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
7.30am-4.15pm Mon-Thurs, daily breaks 10 mins at 10am and 3pm 7.30am-2pm Friday.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Mar 2017
03 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Learning the basics of making Cable assemblies, which will involve the following:
- Soldering - training on soldering a range of connectors
- Crimping - learning how to crimp on a number of presses or on hand tools
- Wire Prepping - stripping inner cores on cables using strip boxes or hand tools
- Cutting - setting up cutting machines and cutting and hanking wire to set lengths
- Ribbon cables - cutting ribbon cable and terminating with connectors
- Cable looms - how to use peg boards to layout assemblies
- Network cables - cutting, prepping and termination of CAT5/CAT6 cables
- Testing - simple cable testing on machine or hand testers
- Drawings - learn how to read drawings and schedules used to build cable assemblies
- General duties will include use of hand tools, cutting, crimping and termination machines
- General safety equipment such as boots and glasses will be provided
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience or set skills required for the role as full training will be provided
- Hard working
- Team player
- Keen to learn/develop in the role and company
- No specified qualifications as full training will be provided
Full time position available at end of the apprenticeship for candidate.
Things to consider
Due to nature of the role, candidate must not be colour blind.
About the employer
Established in 1993 Sherwood Electronics Ltd has grown to establish itself as a leading supplier and Manufacturer of Connectors and Standard and bespoke cable assemblies for the Automotive, Military, Aerospace, Rail, Medical, Telecommunications, Industrial control and Networking Industries.
- Performing Manufacturing Operations Level 2
- Maths and English Functional skills
- Full training provided by employer within all departments
Improving Operational Performance
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DBC Training
Paul Burton 01332 295588
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017