Apprentice Dental Nurse Oswyn House Dental Practice
Fantastic opportunity to train as a Dental Nurse. The ideal candidate holds some experience as a dental nurse however, it is not essential. No dental qualifications are required, as full training will be provided. Working in a busy, fast-paced dental practice you will learn and earn at the same time to become a fully qualified Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
23 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Are you looking to pursue a new career in Dental Nursing where you can earn a salary whilst you learn and become qualified as a Dental Nurse?
Oswyn House Dental Practice are looking for a Trainee Dental Nurse to work towards an Advanced Apprenticeship. The ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and General Dentistry.
The role includes:
- Working alongside the dentist taking instructions and responding in an appropriate manner
- The applicant is required to do all aspects of dental nursing including decontamination procedure, keep up to date with relevant logs and protocols
- All aspects of reception duties taking payment/ bookings
- Training on in-house booking system
- Maintaining excellent infection control procedures and adhering to policies and protocols
- Sterilising instruments
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Ensuring cleanliness of surgery, equipment and instruments used and carrying out general housekeeping duties
- Transcribe information from dentist and recording patient information correctly
- Arrange appointments, answering calls and inputting data on the computer
- Assist with administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice
- Dental Nurses interact daily with patients and therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working and able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Work to a high level of accuracy and show attention to detail
- Must demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Friendly manner and be able to reassure others with a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Eager to learn
- Passionate about a career in the dental industry
- Well presented
- Proactive approach towards learning
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Once qualified you can register as a dental nurse with the General Dental Council. Progression routes are available, and you can study further in dental related qualifications at Level 4.
Things to consider
- Require Hep B inoculation
- Very busy and fast paced
- Being exposed to bodily fluids – blood, saliva, etc.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
About Oswyn House Dental Practice:
Every person in our Practice is essential to your care so we endeavour to recruit, train, and retain the best people. Everyone who joins us understands our expectations and receives regular training and personal development to ensure we all share the same ethos of putting our patients at the heart of everything we do.
- General Treatments
- Hygienist Direct Access
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- White Fillings
- Tooth Whitening
- Oral Hygiene Advice – tooth brushing and interdental cleaning
- Root Canal Treatment
- Treatment of Gum Disease
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
There will be 6 - 10 sessions that will require college attendance at our Walsall Campus during the 18 months training period.
Full-time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training. As this vacancy is not a full-time apprenticeship the duration has been extended.
The purpose of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.