Customer Service Apprentice (Counter Sales) MYERS BUILDING SUPPLIES LTD
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Apprentice at our branch in Skipton, learning about products and sales. You will work towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
£175.00 - £225.00
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2021
22 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic and wish to develop a long-term career in this industry
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a Customer focussed approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Liaise proactively with customers on a day to day basis and undertake all counter sales functions in accordance with Group requirements in order to fulfil their needs
- Ensure all suppliers, customers, visitors, and employees comply with the company's Health and Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity and pricing
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensure that cash and payment systems are followed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Maximise sales opportunities for related products and Group cross selling, after training
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Ensure the upkeep of all merchandising to maximise sales, customer satisfaction and appearance
- Attend meetings and group discussions where required
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed, and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, and confidentiality
- Lifting may be required as experience will be gained in the day to day yard operations
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
Requirements and prospects
- A professional attitude, demeanour, and experience in customer service
- Good IT skills - confident in using email and the internet
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a good level of numeracy skills
- Must possess excellent organisational skills and good time management skills
- An enthusiastic individual
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
- Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible to work beyond the call of duty to achieve results
- Must be self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to solve problems at source
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
No experience needed but a good positive attitude to learn on the job is essential.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
Please prepare to answer these questions at interview:
- Why do you think you would be good with customers?
- What are you proud of achieving?
- What are your ambitions?
Candidates aged 18+ hours are contracted up to 45 hours per week so wage will be £225 per week.
Candidates aged 16 and 17 hours are contracted for 35 hours per week so wage will be £175 per week.
The company is in a rural location – there is a regular bus service.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an online interview via Zoom with Nichola Barnes - Kirklees College. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or Tel: 07788390025.
No contact should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
You will be required to log on and attend all college classes relating to your course; you will also be required to complete all your assignment in the time off for study which is allocated to you by your employer as part of your contract of employment.
Regular reviews will take place on your progress with yourself and your manager.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
The Myers Group is a family owned group of companies providing products, services, and materials to the construction industry. The Group consists of Johnsons Wellfield Quarries, Ready-mix Huddersfield, Myers Building Supplies, Myers Skip Hire & Myers Timber.
MYERS BUILDING SUPPLIES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
You are given time off, one day per week to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.