Dairy Farm Apprentice ARLINGTON FARMING LIMITED
Great opportunity to develop herdsmen skills alongside an experience team who has already helped 2 apprentices into full time employment in the dairy industry.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2021
22 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An opportunity has arisen to join a small team of 5 who look after a herd of 450 dairy cows by feeding and milking the cows and calves. You will join the team and learn the skills of a Herdsperson by working closely with the current team members which also includes a previous apprentice. We will give you time and teach you the skills to learn on the job.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, willing to work hard, be a good timekeeper and will be prepared to work in varying weather conditions. A significant part of the position is milking cow. You will work 40 hours per week for a salary which will increase as you gain experience and take responsibility. You will require your own transport to travel to Caunton, near Newark. If you are interested please send your handwritten CV stating your personnel details, school qualifications and any work experience and include your contact details, address, email and telephone.
- Mucking out
- Moving cows
- Bedding down
Requirements and prospects
- Literacy skills
- Numeracy skills
- Team Working
- The successful candidate will need to have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The vacancy is based in a small team and the candidate will be expected to work using their own initiative
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- A hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
- No experience required as full training will be given
- No qualifications required but must have basic literacy and numeracy skills and be able to complete the apprenticeship
- Full time employment in dairy industry
Things to consider
- Weekend work is required every other weekend (please confirm hours) 04:30 - 09:00 & 14:00 -17:30
- You will need to supply your own equipment (please confirm what equipment)
- The vacancy is based in a rural area and public transport links are minimal. You will need to ensure that you can access the employer and training provider in line with the hours of work
- The role will involve working outdoors/in all weathers/standing for long periods/chemicals/heat/cold/heights/underground/ driving/using heavy equipment/lifting etc.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Farm is owned by Michael Arlington, and aim to produce milk from primarily from grass. Strong focus on developing staff as we belief they play a big roll in the future of the business.
ARLINGTON FARMING LIMITED
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riseholme College
Michelle Bailey email@example.com
Apprentice Stockperson standard, which includes:
- Day release at Riseholme College
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Training will be provided mostly in the workplace with an assessor coming to visit on a regular basis to do work-based reviews, assessments and observations
Stockperson (beef, pigs, sheep, dairy)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.