Customer Service/ Administration/ Operations Team Apprentice Forge Recycling (UK) Limited
An excellent opportunity to work with a growing company as an Apprentice working in the Operations Team, with a focus on developing customer service, administration and operational skills. Developing a full understanding of the company’s operational issues. Assisting the Sales Team with quotes / contract loading and route planning.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
22 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A great opportunity to work with a dynamic company as an Apprentice working within the Operations Team, with a focus on developing key customer service, admin and operational skills. Developing a full understanding of the company’s operational issues. Assisting with the Operations Team with the weighbridge operation, alongside other day to day duties required.
Duties to include:
- Inputting weights for inbound and outbound waste from our transfer station on out system
- Understand skip and Trade Waste routes
- Developing and understanding operational issues, such as route planning
- Assisting the Sales Team with quotes / contract loading
- Answering the telephone and dealing with general customer queries
- Updating the database with customer information (including sales information)
- Getting involved in all of the company’s Operational areas
- Liaising with the other departments within Forge
Requirements and prospects
- Some experience using Microsoft - Word, Excel, Outlook would be an advantage
- You will be fully trained on the software we use; Purgo and Fresh Desk
- Confident and well organised
- Willing to work hard in a young dynamic company
- A willingness to learn
GCSE or equivalent in maths and English.
A career with the company. Subject to successful completion of the apprenticeship and final interview.
All of the previous apprentices that have joined Forge are still working with the company and have moved into key roles.
Things to consider
Please check your travel arrangements to and from Forge Recycling, and indicate that you have done so.
The job role has become available due to the promotion of the previous apprentice.
Please note that interviews may take place before the vacancy close date and the successful applicant may start before the advertised start date. Please apply early.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, Forge Waste & Recycling started trading in November 2010. The company was started by Harvey and Fraser Mills with the aim to offer a competitive and flexible waste management service with an emphasis on making recycling easy. Initially working in partnership with Co2 Sense, the company received EU funding to help purchase our first vehicle and we have continued to grow ever since. Following further investment in 2013, we currently operate a fleet of eight specialist collection vehicles. We use the latest logistics packages and waste management software to ensure all vehicles are run as efficiently as possible. Forge Waste & Recycling pride ourselves on the service we offer. We have a Leeds based customer service team and employ the best local drivers to ensure we provide a professional service whilst remaining a local company.
LEARNING INNOVATIONS TRAINING TEAM LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Innovations Training Team Limited
Steve Marshall 0791 8723 685 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Company in-house training supported by a trained team
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.