Customer Care & Business Administrator Apprentice Aston Marina
We are looking for a friendly, polite and welcoming person, with a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude to work in our busy office. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in one of the leading venues in Staffordshire.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
£150.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries at Aston Marina, on the telephone and in person. Take accurate and thorough messages if people are unavailable. Follow up to ensure messages are received and dealt with accordingly
- Be exceptionally organised and good at working to systems, as well as improving systems where necessary in line with business needs
- Ensure service delivery meets excellent and consistent standards with the highest levels of professionalism
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Aston Marina. Be able to respond to enquiries about the bar and restaurant (No. 26) and The Boat House wedding and events venue
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Professionally composing emails to customers and suppliers
- Direct calls and enquiries to the appropriate people and departments
- Accurately process quotes, invoices and orders
- Have excellent attention to detail and be able to thoroughly check the work of others, detailing and following up on any errors found
- Check deliveries thoroughly at the time and receive goods on the computer system
- Adhere to all legislation on licensing, trade, weights and measures
- Ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times in line with company policies and procedures
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring staff are motivated and providing a high level of service to all customers
- Be well presented at all times
- Correctly use the online dairies and till system
- Resolve customer enquiries and complaints efficiently and politely
- Act without prejudice or discrimination towards all staff and visitors
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Committed team worker
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to follow recipes and instructions
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- A love of food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- GCSE or equivalent in English language, mathematics, and ICT at grades 9 - 4 (A* - C)
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancies available at that time.
Things to consider
The Apprentice Customer Care & Business Administrator will be required to work shifts, including occasional weekends and public holidays. In the event of staff shortages, be prepared to assist in other areas of Aston Marina.
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business.
About the employer
Aston Marina is a family business with a focus on quality in every aspect of the business. The Marina incorporates No 26 restaurant and bar, The Boat House venue for weddings and events, and The Marina, which deals with moorings and the office.
This idyllic waterside haven has been created for food lovers and moorers alike. Named after the canal lock that neighbours the marina, No. 26 Bar and Dining promises a relaxed dining experience in surroundings designed to make the most of its waterside setting.
We have a passion for using the finest quality ingredients, sourced from within Staffordshire, wherever possible, and this is showcased in our seasonal menus, with vegetarian and gluten free options always available.
We offer breakfast, lunch or dinner, or simply a coffee and delicious cake, or a snack with a drink on the deck. We always offer friendly, professional service with a smile.
The comfortable bar area offers the perfect spot to enjoy a drink and catch up with friends with drinks ranging from Barista style coffees, and a selection of teas to locally produced beers, an extensive wine list and house cocktails.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275661 email@example.com
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths & English (where appropriate)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.