Hospitality Supervisor Apprentice Aston Marina
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in one of the leading venues in Staffordshire. The award-winning restaurant is set within a stunning marina location and is part of a thriving wedding and events venues, The Boat House and The Hideaway.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2022
£150.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
22 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To assist with all front of house functions, ensuring excellent customer service at all times from all members of the team
- Greeting people as they arrive and guiding them appropriately with a friendly, professional and happy demeanour
- Serving people with a range of food and beverage
- Working behind the bar and preparing and serving full range of barista coffee.
- Keeping tables clear and clean
- Stocking the bar, ensuring excellent stock control, ordering levels and rotation.
- Assist in training new staff
- Accurate use of EPOS/till system
- Excellent communication and feedback between managers and chefs
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and attentively in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure negative comments/complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively. Ensuring all is done to make the customer happy without being overly generous
- Taking reservations for tables and larger groups and dealing with enquiries in a timely manner.
- Ensuring menus, pre-orders and booking forms are sent and completed in line with customer and chef expectations
- Understand fresh food and production methods to be able to talk confidently about the menu and dishes
- Upsell special events
- Be attentive and offer suggestions/upsell throughout the customer experience. Drinks, side dishes, desserts, coffee etc
- Use the online booking system accurately
- Understand and train on alcohol, allergy and food safety regulations
- Have an excellent telephone manner and construct well written emails
- This is not a complete list. You may be asked to undertake a variety of different tasks in addition
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Committed team worker
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to follow recipes and instructions
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- A love of food
- Ability to work under pressure
GCSE grades A*- C (9-4) to include maths and English (or equivalent)
- Could lead to a permanent position for the right person
Things to consider
The Assistant Manager will be required to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays. In the event of staff shortages, be prepared to assist in other areas of Aston Marina.
This is a description of your duties and responsibilities at the present time, however, this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required in line with the current and future needs of the business.
About the employer
Aston Marina is a family business with a focus on quality in every aspect of the business. The Marina incorporates No 26 restaurant and bar, The Boat House venue for weddings and events, and The Marina, which deals with moorings and the office.
This idyllic waterside haven has been created for food lovers and moorers alike. Named after the canal lock that neighbours the marina, No. 26 Bar and Dining promises a relaxed dining experience in surroundings designed to make the most of its waterside setting.
We have a passion for using the finest quality ingredients, sourced from within Staffordshire, wherever possible, and this is showcased in our seasonal menus, with vegetarian and gluten free options always available.
We offer breakfast, lunch or dinner, or simply a coffee and delicious cake, or a snack with a drink on the deck. We always offer friendly, professional service with a smile.
The comfortable bar area offers the perfect spot to enjoy a drink and catch up with friends with drinks ranging from Barista style coffees, and a selection of teas to locally produced beers, an extensive wine list and house cocktails.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275661 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Hospitality Supervisor Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.