Apprentice Nursery Nurse HAPPY DAYS NURSERY LIMITED
Apprentice Nursery Nurse required for Happy Days Nursery in Erdington. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in childcare.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
19 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Assisting key workers with specific groups of children
- Ensure that every child matters is considered in each room
- Promote inclusion of children with special educational needs
- Promote equality of opportunities throughout the nursery
- As this nursery is a pack away setting, you will need to set up for hall and activities for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to relate to and understand the needs of nursery aged children
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and have a flexible attitude
- Ability to create an enabling environment focused on children's needs
- Organisational, recording and planning skills
- Desire to learn
- Passion for working with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE or equivalent grade 9 to 2 (A to E) or Functional Skills Level 1-2
Candidate will have developed skills and knowledge related to early years that will help them progress further once the apprenticeship comes its conclusion.
Things to consider
- Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship, first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!)
- Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Welcome to Happy Days Nursery, we are an Early Years provision that provide childcare from 0-11 years. We ensure a safe, caring and happy environment with qualified and experienced staff who are all DBS checked.
Our aim is to care for the little most precious people in our lives by giving them individual love, attention and care as well as providing stimulating play and learning activities. Children are encouraged to interact with each other as well as the adults they see on a daily basis. A variety of resources are made available to encourage and progress children’s learning skills and abilities, all backed by the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Children are given the chance to grow independently and confidently through communication, expression and feelings.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Joanita Manka 0121 333 3001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childcare (EYPL2) level 2 qualification
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness Testimonies from Employer
- Technical Certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.