Apprentice Boarding Cattery Assistant Cosy Catz Boarding Cattery
Working days are split shifts of 08:00 - 11.15 & 15:45 - 17:30. Your duties will be to assist in cleaning accommodation, feeding animals, general grooming, answering the phone, taking bookings and office admin'. Customer service to customers visiting the cattery & work as a team member & report cattery supervisor on a day to day basis.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 27.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
22 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This vacancy is to commence an apprenticeship at a very reputable cattery in Hellesdon Norwich
with an excellent record in training.
We are looking for a new member of staff with a passion for cats. This person will have great customer skills and will be meticulous at ensuring the pets are looked after to a high standard (training will be given).
Duties to include:
High standard of communicating with the general public to relieve their stress of leaving their pet in the care of the cattery
- Feeding and cleaning the animals
- Cleaning accommodation
- General grooming
All office administration e.g.:
- Telephone duties
- Photocopying and computer work
- Attending to customers visiting the cattery and to liaise closely with cattery manager on a daily basis
Are you prepared to work outside when the weather is not so great?
Be prepared to commence work at 8.00am daily, work weekend and bank holiday shifts when required.
Requirements and prospects
- You’ll need to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to use your initiative
- Be flexible and open to change
- Be patient and have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Have the ability to work well with others
- The ability to accept constructive feedback and act upon said feedback
- Possess or be able to develop excellent verbal communication skills
- Possess or be able to develop skills to carry out basic tasks on a computer
- Use initiative
- Strong work ethic
- Must be an animal lover
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C or 9-4 English and maths or be prepared and willing to complete the Functional Skills qualifications in your own time alongside the apprenticeship. Training for this provided by Adult Learning. We offer a flexible delivery style suit every learners’ individual needs and requirements
- No other formal qualifications are required. Suitability will be determined at interview
A successful apprenticeship could lead on to employment at Cosy Catz and progression to the level 3 Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Punctuality is vitally important and the successful applicant will need to demonstrate their ability to commute to the cattery independantly.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Role is for 27 hours due to business needs.
About the employer
Cosy Catz luxury Boarding Cattery opened in 2007, built with the health, safety and happiness of your cat in mind. The cattery is set in a peaceful garden setting approximately 2.5 miles from the centre of Norwich, close to Norwich Airport just off the Fakenham Road and Holt Road .
The staff are fully trained and have lots of experience to care for all the needs of your pet. The happiness and well-being of your cat(s) is our main priority whether young or old, moggie or pedigree, we love them all. Cosy Catz is a small personal cattery offering lots of love and cuddles for your cat, individual and family units, heated bedroom and large play area.
At Cosy Catz cattery we open 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year (closed on Bank Holidays for drop off and collection).
We ask that the cats are brought in for boarding or collection between the hours of:
- Monday to Friday: 8.30 am - 11:00 am or 4.00 pm - 5.30 pm
- Saturday: 8.30 am - 11:00am or 4.00pm - 5.00pm
- Sunday: 8.30 am - 11:00am closed pm
We welcome inspection between the hours stated. above. We think it’s a good idea for you to have a visit to see if your cat would like to stay here for their holiday.
NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norfolk County Council
Anthony Winsper 01603 306611 email@example.com
Training will be provided by Adult Learning. This will include monthly visits in the workplace with the assessor and individual study time.
The successful candidate will study the intermediate apprenticeship standard Customer Service Practitioner Level 2, and this will include English and maths, if required.
Cosy Catz Cattery will provide in-house mentors who will assess your progress in collaboration with Adult Learning and this will include Off-the-job training.
The Apprenticeship will involve an End Point Assessment that the successful candidate will work towards and complete at the end of their apprenticeship. Support will be given by Adult Learning assessor to ensure enough preparation.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.