Care Support Worker Apprentice OXFORDSHIRE CROSSROADS
To Support service users with full personal and social Care (washing, dressing, medication and companionship etc.) Our goal is to empower people with care needs to live happy and independent lives through supporting them in their life choices.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
19 Dec 2021
19 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We provide support in our clients' homes for set periods of time, which range from half hour to several hours visits. Our care support workers are on the frontline of the support we give, working alongside people with care needs. The role is practical and ensures - through observation and good practice - that the health of our service users does not deteriorate. Full training and support is given by the office along with supervisions and appraisals. All workers have a supervisor who they will report to as well as reporting to the care management team.
Duties will include:
- To enable and / or assist individuals to remain in the community, to be supported and maintained safely in their own homes and thereby enhance the quality of life
- Encouraging your service user’s individuality and independence
- Helping your service user to maintain relationships with neighbours, the neighbourhood and familiar activities and surroundings, providing social contact, especially for service users who live alone
- Assisting other care workers and professionals to provide care for your service user
Requirements and prospects
- Flexible on hours
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Driver licence would be beneficial
- Good written and spoken English
- None required
- Opportunity for ongoing employment with the company if appropriate
- Additional learning opportunities are also available with specialist healthcare tasks and the Qualifications and Credit Framework
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Crossroads Care is a registered charity and leading provider of home care services. Whatever your need, we will strive to accommodate you with an inspiring package of care that fits around you and your family. If you like what we do, please support us by clicking on the Virginmoney button below and donating. £25 could provide an hour's respite care, £100 could provide a day out for a disabled child - but no contribution is too small to help us maintain our commitment to enablement.
Crossroads Care has been providing care for over 30 years and is an accredited provider, holding several contracts with local councils. We work closely with the Care Quality Commission to ensure our services are responsive and safe. We currently provide support throughout Oxfordshire, West Berkshire and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Liza-Marie Chapman 07423 010091 email@example.com
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (adults) for England (QCF)
- The Care Certificate
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.