Apprentice Medical Receptionist Langbank Medical Centre
An Apprentice Medical Receptionist is required to work for an NHS Medical Centre / GP Practice. You will work towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
19 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Receptionist duties including opening and closure of surgery
- Welcoming patients and visitors in person or on the telephone
- Booking, cancelling, and changing appointments
- Maintenance of patient records
- Record complaints / compliments upon receipt
- Process requests for repeat prescriptions received manually, Via Fax or via e-mail
- Ensure consultation rooms are adequately stocked when closing
- Contribute to team effort to ensure accomplishment of targets
- Ensure full adherence of policy and procedures
- Fully adhere to Date Protection Act
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to show empathy when required
- Enthusiastic with a genuine caring nature
- Punctual and reliable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Opportunity to build skills and knowledge whilst learning about primary care working in the NHS. Access to future job opportunities in primary care organisations.
Things to consider
Consider a travel plan to make sure you can get to the vacancy.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
NHS Medical Centre / GP Practice based in Norris Green, Liverpool.
ST HELENS CHAMBER LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by St Helens Chamber Limited
Adam Gardam 01744742103 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.