Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Legend
Are you looking to start a career in hairdressing? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Birmingham. We are a warm, friendly, professional service at Legend.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
18 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Customer service - greeting guests and visitors to the salon, as well as handling telephone enquiries
- Playing a part in preparing the client ready for their service, including refreshments, magazines, gowns and general comfort
- Ensuring the client is happy, comfortable and informed throughout their visit
- Listening to the needs of guests, visitors and colleagues and informing others of any relevant information offering meaningful, relevant conversation
- Attend designated training times
- Complete all project work and tests set by assessors and instructors in agreed time frame
- Providing suitable training models when requested and having them on call if needed
- Wearing required personal protective equipment and other health and safety procedures
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the service being provided, this may include removing colours and blow drying hair under supervision if required
- Housekeeping, keeping salon tidy
- Keeping a positive salon atmosphere
- Attendance at salon activities
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Thirst for learning
- Passion for beauty
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and timekeeping
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of level 2 hairdressing standard, there may be the opportunity to progress onto level 3 hairdressing.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hair industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
There will be some long periods of activity with little rest.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hair industry.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.