Childcare Practitioner Apprentice at Level 2 Kids Academy
Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children. Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents/carers. Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment for the children. Promote the high profile and reputation of the business at all times.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
18 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members, so good communication skills are necessary.
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed
- Carry out personal care and hygiene routine of babies and children including the changing of nappies and toileting
- Undertake domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning and tidying of nursery equipment and facilities.
(Complete job description will be given at interview.)
The successful candidate will be working with children aged from 3 months to 5 years. The Childcare Apprentice will undertake a broad and varied range of activities; some routine and others demanding some level of independence or responsibility. Working under supervision, they are likely to deal with various duties within the childcare setting which briefly include:
- Setting up and carrying out planned activities
- Helping children at meal times
- Personal care routines
- Assessing the health and safety of the setting for the children
- General cleaning/ tidying
- Working closely with other staff
Requirements and prospects
Good language and conversational skills, basic computer knowledge, literate.
Cheerful, enthusiastic, reliable, kind, honest, caring, trustworthy, organised and prompt.
Excellent personal presentation and hygiene.
GCSE in maths and English C/4 or above. Other equivalences are Functional/Key Skills at Level 2
After completion of Level 2, the candidate will be supported to achieve a full Level 3 qualification (if applicable), and become a key person responsible for a group of children. Alternatively if the candidate has previously achieved a full and relevant Level 2 qualification in Childcare, then a Level 3 will be offered in the first instance.
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
Things to consider
A uniform will be provided
Shifts will vary in hours (please see working week details), and will involve early morning starts/ late evening finishes - the role is physically demanding.
About the employer
Kids Academy is passionate about providing quality Early Years Education and the highest standards in care and safety. We deliver all year round childcare from 3 months to 5 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Childcare Apprentices who love caring for children and wishes to develop a career in early years’ childcare, and is committed to working with a great team of staff.
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aire Vocational Training Ltd
Lynne Green firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (370 Guided Learning Hours)
- Maths and English upskilling, if required
- Apprentices must successfully pass the end point assessment which involves:
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio with the following grades – Fail, Pass and Distinction
- Knowledge test
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.