Apprentice Early Years Educator Bell Day Nursery
Our vacancy is for an Apprentice Early Years Educator to join our friendly team. You will get to experience all 4 of our rooms going through the age ranges. We also add extra training for our apprentices and encourage them to be practical at all times. We pride ourselves in supporting all our team pursuing this career and furthering their careers.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2021
18 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You role would be to support the team you are working within, learning the basics all the way up to be a key person and having your own key children building bonds with all the children.
The vacancy is across all 4 of our rooms ensuring you get to know about all of the children’s age ranges.
Your responsibilities will be to show up on time, be hands on with the children and show a great work ethic.
Day to day duties involve supporting children through mealtimes, learning their individual needs, carrying out activities with the children, going out in the community and supporting your room managers.
Duties to include:
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures, ensuring compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation, all within the requirements and guidelines laid down by Ofsted/CSIW and the National Standards
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Working as part of a team
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet children's individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background, in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping of development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of babies' bottles
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager or Deputy Nursery Manager
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Senior room leaders, Deputy Nursery Manager etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team working skills
- Great work ethic
- Keen to learn
- An overall love for childcare and wanting to support their development
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This could result in a full-time position with us and further education and training.
Things to consider
It is a job where you will be active all day.
Please consider if you can get to our setting for 08:00 and your mode of travel. Consider these may vary on a week to week basis your shift pattern.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our Nursery is across two sites the first being three rooms and the second site being our pre-school room. We have 43 staff members and around 120 children per day across the two sites. We have many qualified employees, Some with degrees and two qualified Assessors. We believe in being out and about in community and not always staying on site.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.