Level 2 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Bright Little Stars Ltd
Ready to start your new career in April? We are looking for Trainee Apprentices to join our friendly team, full training will be given so no experience necessary – all we ask is that you have a passion for working with children.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
18 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy base room and ensures that all daily routines are adhered to
- Assist in the completion of key person children’s development records
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in relation to the safeguarding of children Reports any suspicion of abuse or neglect to the Nursery Manager
- Ensures that operational procedures and policies are fully understood and consistently followed
- Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery under supervision of qualified practitioners
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and activities
- Studies NVQ in Childcare and is wholly committed to the learning programme
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues
- Attends training courses to further personal development
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation
- Can add value to a team and take responsibility when required
No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable.
You must live within a 40-minute commutable distance.
- The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college
Things to consider
Bright Little Stars Benefits
Excellent rates of pay with annual review
6 monthly discretionary bonus upon qualifying to Level 3
Up to 35 days annual leave - 20 days holiday, 8 bank holidays, 1 pro-rata birthday day, 1 bonus day and up to 5 further days with years of service (depending on position) Option to carry over up to 5 annual leave days, at the end of each year
Sick Pay (depending on length of service)
Support for higher level qualifications through the BLS Staff Development Programme with paid study days
Internal Promotion opportunities
Senior Team and Management Internal Training Programme Two training and one planning inset days onsite. Further internal and external training sessions through the year
Ongoing internal company support from a Qualified Ofsted Inspector
Free wholesome, hot lunches available in the staff room
Free Uniform provided
Three complementary team building activities and parties a year!
Employee of the Month prize and long service reward scheme
Workplace pension with employer contribution of up to 3%
Employee assistance programme
Staff childcare discount and salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff
About the employer
Ofsted graded GOOD, Bright Little Stars Mill Hill is a beautifully designed purposebuilt nursery catering for children from 6 months-5 years.
Our sincere desire is to provide exceptional care and learning whilst supporting each child to reach their own individual potential in a happy, healthy and safe learning environment.
Bright Little Stars Ltd
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805 980 150 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths and English
- Paediatric First Aid
Bright Little Stars Nursery offers career development and training for all our employees as well as the opportunity to work in a fantastic setting with a qualified friendly staff team.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.