Apprentice Hospitality Team Member Waggon & Horses
An exciting new opportunity for an individual to work alongside a kitchen team. The role will include learning and developing skills across the business including the kitchen, restaurant and bar, so a flexible approach to work duties will be essential.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
15 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Preparing, cooking and serving a range of food items/dishes
- Preparing bar drinks
- Taking customer orders
- Serving customers with food and drink
- Cleaning of work areas and equipment
- Set up and close down of work areas
- Maintaining health and safety in the work area
- Maintaining food safety in all aspects of job role
- Maintaining workplace records
- Correct use of stock and equipment
- Receiving and correctly storing deliveries
Requirements and prospects
- Some understanding or experience of a catering environment
- Good time management and punctuality
- A good team worker
- Good organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Friendly and approachable
- Energetic and well-motivated to achieve excellent outcomes
- Flexible approach to work requirements
- Able to work well in a busy environment
- Maths and English at Grade 9-4 (A*-C) desirable, lower grades will need to study for Functional Skills L1 maths and English (also taking L2 tests) before End Point Assessments can be taken
The successful candidate will need to be up for hard work and show commitment to the small team, and in return, they will have the chance to become part of a successful community pub and learn all aspects of the business.
Things to consider
- The Waggon and Horses is open 7 days a week from 12.00 until 23.00, with potentially later evenings at weekends and for specific events. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to be flexible in their working hours over these times, in order to support the business need
- The on programme learning will need to be completed before the end point assessment can be taken
- The candidate should check travel arrangements and ensure they have the ability to travel safely to/from work
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Waggon and Horses is situated in Newcastle under Lyme in the Borough of Staffordshire. The pub is very close to the town centre, with good transport links around the county and neighbouring Stoke on Trent.
The Waggon and Horses is a traditional pub, offering a real community feel. There is a lounge, restaurant, public bar and outdoor beer garden. The pub is open daily with food served Tuesday to Sunday. The menu focuses on classic home cooked pub fayre, with traditional roast lunches on Sundays. The pub also caters for party bookings with bespoke menus to meet customer requirements and summer BBQ’s in the beer garden. The bar offers a great selection of beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks.
The pub owners are now planning for re-opening and are keen to recruit and train a catering apprentice, who can learn and grow within the business. Above all, the apprentice must take an enthusiastic approach to learning, supporting the small team and a real commitment to delivering the very best customer service.
The role will include learning and developing skills across the business including the kitchen, restaurant and bar, so a flexible approach to work duties will be essential. The successful candidate will need to be up for hard work and show commitment to the small team, and in return, they will have the chance to become part of a successful community pub and learn all aspects of the business.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275661 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality Team Member intermediate (food and beverage) apprenticeship standard. This will be delivered with workplace training and assessor support sessions to develop overall knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet the apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills maths and English to be achieved at L1, also taking a L2 test in each subject (unless exempt by prior achievement). This will be delivered by specialist tutors either at Stafford or Newcastle College campus
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.