Nursery Nurse Apprentice TAMBA DAY NURSERY LTD.
Being a key worker for individual children. Planning activities according to the EYFS. Being responsible for the daily care and routines for babies and children. Working with the nursery manager, parents and other team members.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2022
15 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Tamba Day Nursery.
- An ability to work in all areas of the nursery with different age groups of children
- Fully understand the EYFS, to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery
- Prepare snacks for the children
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day ensuring that the child is respected and safe at all times
- Feeding the children and attending to the sleep and rest needs throughout the day.
- Helping with supervising children during activities and play
- Helping with setting up equipment and areas for activities, making sure everything is safe and suitable for the children
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff
- Reporting the room leader and managers of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working in a childcare setting with babies and young children
- Good use of English and maths
- Hard worker and willing to be flexible and work in all areas, as directed
- Conscientious and works to a high standard
- Kind and caring qualities
- Bubbly personality
- Willingness to learn and also to contribute to the team eg. ideas for activities
- Reliable and has good timekeeping
- GCSE’s maths and English Grades 9-4 (A*-C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalents
- Becoming a room leader or similar position of responsibility
Things to consider
- The employer may also require you to attend additional training eg. first aid, which will be essential to your role and responsibilities
- According to your shift pattern you may have early starts or late finishes
- You will be answerable to your manager or room leader
- Train or bus journey commute to work
- You must attend all college workshops as required
- You must ensure all coursework is up-to-date and that you complete your portfolio of evidence in the timeframe allowed
About the employer
Tamba Day Nursery, Olympic park is our fourth branch opening January 2021.
The unique design of the nursery is based on the concept of ‘bringing the outdoors in’. With over 17 years’ experience in Childcare, the management team have used their knowledge and expertise to create a nursery tailored for all. The nursery has been designed to a high specification that creates a stimulating learning environment for children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years old.
We have created bright and spacious rooms and have incorporated specially designed windows to allow our children and babies to observe and consider their surroundings. This facilitates fantastic learning opportunities as children are encouraged to ask questions and discuss the world around them with our expert nursery practitioners.
We offer a friendly and welcoming nursery that provides high quality care and education and work extremely hard to provide a safe and stimulating environment for both children and their families. We ensure that we respect every child as an individual and plan activities and opportunities for children to thrive and develop to their full potential. At Tamba our main aim is to provide the best possible start for your little one’s journey throughout education.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Joe Lucas 0208 518 1344 JoeLucas@trainingtrust.org.uk
- Level 2 early years practioner apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.