Multi Skilled Property Maintenance Apprentice M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Your role will be based within the MITSkills Centre to optimise the property condition and quality. This role is ideal for those who are looking to step foot into the construction trade and gain understanding of the industry through shadowing experienced workers while working towards your Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
16 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a fantastic opportunity to obtain a recognised qualification whilst developing relevant and valuable work experience. Property Maintenance Operatives need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum satisfaction to customers, clients, guests and team. They will understand the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Responding in a prompt and effective manner to all building fabrics related issues and help desk requests
These will include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect / repair floor, wall and ceiling coverings
- Inspect / repair free standing and fitted furniture
- Inspect / clear drainage gully systems
- Inspect / repair doors, windows and associated fixtures
- Carry out minor painting and redecorating
You will also:
- Carry out minor project work
- Carry out technical surveys of the above services and systems, reporting findings to your supervisor
- Producing list costs of material required for any minor works required
Requirements and prospects
- People skills essential
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Ability to perform under pressure
- A desire to build a career in Maintenance
- An enthusiastic, motivated individual with a positive can-do attitude
- A team player with the willingness to learn new skills
No formal qualifications or experience is required, this role is ideal for those who are new to the construction industry!
Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills will enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist e.g. Electrical or Plumbing and Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management, across a wide range of sectors.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
MITSkills is a West Byfleet based Training Provider with reaches to all corners of the country. We have experience in developing successful national apprenticeship programmes and manage training contracts with a network of large employers.
We provide new cutting-edge training programmes through our private educational courses, apprenticeships, study programmes and even bespoke courses. This is in collaboration with our large network of partners, ensuring the highest quality education and service.
As well as achieving Best Engineering Plant of the Year 2015, we received further praise from MACE Construction and SKY, named as the Training Provider of the Year.
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Motor Industry Training
Fozia Akhtar 01932 341416 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and/or English if required
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.