Apprentice Production Operative Victory Design Ltd
Excellent opportunity to join a long-established company that supplies consumables and digital print to the sign and digital print market. The production operative work in the imaging department while keeping to agreed deadlines.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
12 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The scope of this role is to carry out the day to day Production department requirements of the Imaging business and be responsible for maintaining an approved standard of quality externally to customers and internally to the company.
- To understand the full range of products and services offered by the company
- To ensure that all production jobs are produced promptly and efficiently, that all jobs meet the customer’s requirements for quality and accuracy, key details of production methods are recorded and entered on job cards
- Produce product from customer artwork, ensuring established procedures are followed to guarantee quality of print and deadlines are reached
- To ensure department stock levels are sufficient to meet customer demand
- To ensure all machinery in the department is correctly maintained according to the daily maintenance schedule
- Liaise with the sales department on job detail and lead times of work in the Current schedule
- Provide advice on job production methods to the sales department on behalf of the customer
- To ensure all jobs are checked against job card details, counter signed before despatch
- The role will require responding to the changing needs of the business and additional duties that may be requested by the Directors and Manager from time to time. Some special events may require working outside of core business hours
Requirements and prospects
- Basic computer knowledge
- Literate and basic numeracy
- A desire to do a job well
No formal qualifications needed.
The apprentice would be expected to join as a full time employee once they have achieved the qualification.
Things to consider
Important Other Information:
- Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment
- Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for an interview.
- The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are an established company based in Derbyshire with 30 years experience in the sign making industry.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Ceri Priddle 01676 526046 email@example.com
L3 Print Technician Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.