Learning Support Assistant Apprentice Brockhill Park School
A fantastic opportunity to learn all aspects of a Learning Support Assistant within a well-established and highly regarded Performing Arts College, providing support for the class teacher, whilst attaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
11 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of a Learning Support Assistant within a well-established and highly regarded Performing Arts College, providing support for the class teacher.
You will work under the direction of the class teacher and other support staff, carrying out classroom support duties and assisting the class teacher in the day to day needs of pupils to enable the teacher to implement the curriculum.
Full training and support will be given as follows:
- To provide support for pupils in their learning and teachers in lesson planning and delivery
- To carry out school policies as documented i.e. Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Confidentiality
- To present the school in a positive way in the community
- To be aware of the sensitive nature of information during duties and to maintain confidentiality always
- To undertake additional duties applicable to the role as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good standard of education
- Good communication skills
- Interest in young people and in education
- Comfortable with using ICT
- Good organisational skills
- You are cheerful
- You are personable and confident
- You are methodical and well organised
- Able to set a good example to the students
- You are committed to safeguarding students and young people
- You can be discrete and understand the need for confidentiality (training will be given)
5 GCSEs at grades 9 – 4 (A*-C) including English and Maths and ICT, or equivalent
This role may secure a full time position within the school for the right person on completion of their apprenticeship, although this cannot be guaranteed.
Things to consider
- All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
- Own transport is an advantage but not essential as long as you can get to work reliably every day.
- Any position within the school will be pending a DBS check. (Criminal record check)
- You will be paid for 39 working weeks plus 5.6 weeks as your annual leave entitlement. The remaining 7.4 weeks will be unpaid. The 7.4 weeks unpaid will be spread throughout the entire year
About the employer
Brockhill Park is an 11-19 academy with Performing Arts and Rural Dimension status. It is a popular school of 1300 students situated in rural surroundings on the edge of the Cinque Port of Hythe.
SEAC RECRUITMENT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South East Apprenticeship Company
Jay Brewer-Kaliszewski email@example.com
Advanced Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, including:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths at level 2 if required
- Delivered in workplace and 20% off the job training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.