Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant TUXFORD HEALTH LIMITED
Tuxford Pharmacy based in Newark, Nottinghamshire is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2021
11 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
3 x A*-D/9-3 GCSE's (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1) maths, English & Science (desirable).
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Tuxford Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy chemist, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills Level up to 2 in English and maths if not exempt
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.