Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Level 2 TOTSPOT DAY NURSERY (SHELF) LIMITED
It is essential that the daily needs of children in their care are met, working in partnership with parents and carers. To ensure the EYFS is delivered to a high standard by ensuring physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children is provided, implementing an agreed daily routine.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
25 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Deliver high standards of care throughout the nursery, as detailed in the OFSTED Statutory Framework for Early Years and EYFS Development Guidance
- Work within nursery policies and procedures, ensuring the welfare of children is met at all times
- Ensure the Welfare and Safeguarding Procedures are followed and you are aware of your responsibilities in the event of any concerns
- Complete NVQ Level 2 & 3 (or equivalent) in Childcare with a training provider. Work may be completed at home on course work. You may be required to attend sessions at the training provider and an assessor will observe practice within the setting
- Work as part of the nursery team in a positive manner, including participation in OFSTED inspections, attending any staff meetings, training etc as required
- Once training has begun and confidence builds, act as a keyworker to a number of children, including observing daily activities and completing their Learning Journeys and Trackers
- With experience, plan age-appropriate and inspiring activities for the children in your care ensuring children’s interests are followed with appropriate next steps.
- Undertake domestic tasks within the nursery as required, including preparing snacks and laundry
- Ensure children’s behaviour is managed appropriatel
- Ensure the general cleanliness of children at all times, including noses, faces, toileting and clothing
- Ensure cleanliness of all working areas including nappy change areas, toilet area, outdoors and store rooms
- Work in partnership with and support parents, carers and other family members, as appropriate, including parents evenings, open days and other nursery events
- Actively participate in your appraisals, supervisions and performance reviews, undertaking any training required
- Take positive steps to promote Health & Safety within the nursery, including fire procedures and take all precautions to prevent accidents
- Promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children and staff
- To be flexible within working practices within the setting and be prepared to work where needed
- Carry out reasonable tasks as requested by your manager
- Attend college once per week to complete coursework alongside your tutor; or alternatively work based learning with time to complete coursework required
Requirements and prospects
- Neat & tidy appearance
- Good time keeping & attendance
- Friendly, kind and caring
A*-C / 9-4 in English and maths or equivalents.
Career progression within nursery when the opportunity arises.
Things to consider
- Flexible hours based on 40 hours per week, normally Monday to Friday
- Monthly pay direct into Bank Account
- 20 days paid holiday
- 8 paid Public holidays
- Availability of Stakeholder Pension
- Uniform provided
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Totspot Shelf has been open since 2016. The nursery has been completely refurbished making it light, airey and modern. We aim to provide excellent quality childcare. The proprietors have been providing outstanding childcare within Calderdale since 2003.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Chloe Whelan 01274 088696 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.