Teaching and Supporting in Schools Level 3 (Standards) Springwood Heath Primary School
To work with teachers as part of a professional team to support the teaching and learning for pupils across the school who have severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties or autism.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
11 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- To provide specialist assistance to pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning including sensory, behaviour, communication, medical or physical difficulties
- To support other staff under the direction, supervision, and guidance of the class teacher
- Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Preferably some experience but this is not essential
- To be patient, kind, considerate and with a determination to meet the needs of the pupils
- To be reliable
A minimum qualification for maths and English grade C (4) GCSE or equivalents
To gain valuable experience working with children who have varying special needs, to progress to a level 3 training qualification.
Things to consider
This is an extremely demanding yet rewarding role for someone who has a genuine desire to make a difference to a childs life.
As a TA Appfrentice you are not allowed all of the school half term holidays, therefore in line with the government’s 20% off the job training rule, off the job training will take place during half term times using various remote learning platforms.
About the employer
Springwood Heath Primary School believes in giving every child the opportunity to reach the highest possible standards and develop self cofidence and independence that will help become a responsible, thoughtful and caring member of the local community.
Springwood Heath Primary School
NORTH WEST COMMUNITY SERVICES TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Community Services (Merseyside) Ltd
Shirley Ashcroft 0151 289 9090 email@example.com
- Level 3 - Teaching Assistant
- Functional Skills if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.