Customer Service - Samples Apprentice N&N CARPETS AND FLOORING LTD
A fantastic opportunity for a confident communicator with a professional work ethic and desire to consistently deliver a friendly and professional approach to their customers. This role requires you to handles incoming enquiries and ensure the timely despatch of samples prior to a customer placing a confirmed order and perform various admin duties.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
11 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant will have clear and confident communication skills and will have a professional work ethic with a desire to consistently deliver friendly and professional approach to their customers.
The tasks involved are:
- Taking incoming calls, directing to the correct contact as necessary
- Dealing with enquiries by phone, email and fax
- Processing all sample requests
- Picking and packing of the correct samples ready for despatch
- Prepare all labels and documentation for the sample consignment
- Create daily manifest with chosen parcel carrier/Royal Mail
- Update inhouse system with confirmation of despatch
- Follow up all samples despatches, offering support and guidance to the customer to enable them to place a confirmed order in confidence.
- Work towards the successful achievement of team targets
- Undertaking any work delegated by the management team, telephone calls, mailshots, typing or allocating group booking accommodation
- Maintain the high level of customer service to all past, existing and future clients in line with company policy
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety awareness and report any areas of concerns immediately
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping for all areas of the site
- Put improvement suggestions forward where appropriate
- To fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with Microsoft office software
- Familiar with and experience of creating content for social media
- Good telephone skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail to ensure all information is communicated and recorded correctly
- Willingness to undertake any training offered to improve skills or gain qualifications
- Positive outlook, competitive, flexible and pro-active
- Friendly team player with a genuine desire to progress
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Confident & outgoing manner
- Strong work ethic and genuine desire to succeed in the workplace
You should ideally have GCSEs at Grade C/4+ or equivalent, being maths and English.
As a rapidly growing business, we are looking for candidates that wish to grow with the company, share ideas and inspire others.
Things to consider
- There is free parking on site and a regular bus service
- Where possible, every applicant must attend a Learning Unlimited centre prior to being shortlisted for this role and being put forward for interview with the employer (This may be done via a platform such as Zoom should we still be in lockdown)
- Your application will be acknowledged in the first instance by telephone
- Please be aware that this vacancy may close before the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled or withdrawn by the employer
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Choosing the type and colour flooring can be scary, we know. Relax. Nice & New Carpets & Flooring have the experience, to try and bring your vision to life - on schedule and on budget.
We also have many carpet, laminate, vinyl & LVT sales in store. Carpet sales in store!
We have over 50+ roll stock carpets on offer at free fitting* or ready to take away. We also stock on vinyl flooring & laminate/engineered flooring.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Wendy Taylor 01332 296 995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Level 2 functional skills in English, maths & IT (where applicable)
- Employees Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24 hour access to course learning materials
- On the job training with a designated mentor
- Reviews every 6 - 8 weeks with your work based tutor and line manager/mentor
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.