Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Studio 36
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon. Studio 36 are looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice to be part of an on-going learning experience.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2021
11 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing client’s hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists
When a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained, the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident, with good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good timekeeping
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Mathematics qualification (GCSE or equivalent) would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be given
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
On successful completion of the Hair Professional standard, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training programme.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a Hair Professional Apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity with little time to rest.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position, as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Studio 36 is a hair salon based in Oundle.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hairdressing standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.