Apprentice Commis Chef Level 2 WHITBREAD FOODS LTD
Seeking an opportunity to kick start your catering career? At May's Café we are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice commis chef to support the team with a variety of duties including food preparation, temperature checks and maintaining a safe and clean working environment. Your creativity will be recognised in this exciting role!
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
£135.00 - £180.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
15 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Seeking an opportunity to kick start your catering career? At May's Café we are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice commis chef to support the team with a variety of duties including food preparation, temperature checks and maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
You will also be a key member of the team in supporting with the preparation of nutritious lunches for a local pre-school nursery.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting the chef with food preparation (e.g. sandwiches, salads, coleslaws, sweet treats)
- Plating up dishes as instructed
- Assisting with service to customers
- Temperature checking
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness in the kitchen and cafe
- Stock rotation and storage
- Carrying out Health & Safety practices and maintaining Health & Safety records
Your creativity will be recognised in this exciting role because there is also the opportunity to make your own dish and for it to appear on our menus and specials board!
Requirements and prospects
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good timekeeping skills (punctual)
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus
- Passion and determination
- Able to work on own initiative
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Creative and able to come up with new ideas
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team to support colleagues
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure
- GCSE Grade 4-9/A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 2)
- To potentially secure a permanent job and to progress with the company as a chef
Things to consider
The working shift pattern will vary each week and will include weekend working (on a rota basis).
Extra hours may be available during the summer months if required by the employer and apprentice.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Established in March 2020, May's Cafe is a Mother/Daughter-run cafe in a prime Burnham-on-Sea location.
With a home-from-home style family atmosphere, we serve a variety of lunch/breakfast items including cakes and sweet treats as well as speciality tea and coffee.
We aim to keep our menus fresh and current whilst meeting our customer's needs.
We are also proud to cater for a local pre-school nursery.
WHITBREAD FOODS LTD
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Naomi Judge 01934411437 Naomi.Judge@weston.ac.uk
- Training to achieve level 2 commis chef standard
- Workplace training and support
- Workshop delivery at college
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Regular assessor support
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.