Site Admin Apprentice Higgins Group Plc
A construction site admin apprenticeship opportunity based at Higgins construction site in Great Wakering.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
09 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Apprentice Site Administrator will work in our site office and will report to the Senior Project Manager. This role is to maintain accurate project records, produce reports, memos, and documents, and to carry out general reception duties and general administrative functions. A key function of this role is the assembly of the Site report for the monthly site meeting and all associated administration.
- General administration duties including filing, typing memos, letters and reports
- Arrange meetings and providing refreshments as required
- Answering and handling telephone calls, message taking and maintaining a log of complaints/issues
- Upload and scan data and assist site surveying department
- Copy and distribute faxes, letter and emails
- General reception duties
- Data inputting of Waste Management Systems
- Ordering stationery through Head Office
- Assistance with entering and sending of delivery notes on a weekly basis
- Provide administrative support to Project Manager, Head Office Staff, Resident Liaison Officers and site team
The successful candidate will be dealing with confidential information which should not be disclosed with a third party who may live or work in the area. The person should have the maturity to work within such a framework.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Well organised and accurate
- Smart and well presented
- Good communicator to co-ordinate team and deal with residents’ queries
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience of working in an office environment or similar
- Confident at using own initiative
- Minimum GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or level 2 equivalent to meet entry requirements
- CSCS Card preferable but not essential
Progression within the construction industry varierty of routes including:
- Resident liaison
- Site management
- Social value
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
For over 50 years, Higgins has built a reputation as a trusted contractor and developer who delivers exemplar, award winning projects on time and on budget across London and the South East. Working collaboratively and in partnership with clients, supply chain and design consultants we deliver new build and refurbishment projects and create mixed tenure sustainable developments that are inspiring, safe and secure. Our projects are more than just construction. Each community is central to what we do and our aim is to improve the quality of life and create new opportunities for residents.
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.