Hair Professional Apprentice MASK NORTHAMPTON LIMITED
Fantastic opportunity to start your hairdressing career at Daniel Granger, one of the premier salons in Northampton town centre. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2022
09 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your duties will involve all aspects of training towards gaining the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard.
Hairdressers duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair to create variety of looks and colour and lighten hair for ladies
Safe working practices:
- Maintain effective, hygienic, and safe working methods
- Adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Meet legal and organisational requirements
- Maintain the client’s modesty, privacy, and comfort
- Minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue
- Promote environmental and sustainable working practices
- Ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements
- Correctly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Creatively assess the client’s requirements
- Examine the hair, skin, and scalp
- Facial characteristics including face shape, skin tone, hair colour, lifestyle and suitability, conduct visual checks, and any necessary tests on the hair, skin and scalp
- Advise clients on services or products
- Identify the client’s hair characteristics and hair classification
- Advise clients on hair maintenance and management
Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair.
They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Greet clients in a friendly manner, choose the most appropriate way of communicating with clients
- Be helpful and courteous at all times
- Adapt behaviours in response to each client
- Respond promptly to clients seeking assistance
- Establish client expectations and needs
- Explain clearly any reasons why the client’s needs or expectations cannot be met
- Willingly undertake wider salon duties, including reception duties where appropriate
- You must demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude, and team working
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show a willingness to learn
- Complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard: meet organisational and industry standards of appearance
- Observe professional ethics
- You must have achieved GCSE (or equivalent) grade 3/D or above in English Language and maths
- Once you have achieved your Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard, there is always the opportunity of progressing onto an Advanced level apprenticeship in Hairdressing or in development the Senior Hair Professional Apprenticeship
Things to consider
This role will involve standing for the majority of your working day. Due to the nature of the business you will be required to work Saturdays; you may also be required to work some late evenings within your working week.
The salon opening times are:
- Tuesday 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
About the employer
An award-winning, premier hairdressers and salon in Northampton, committed to creating positive impact.
Home to some of the UK’s most talented and passionate professionals in the industry, the team at Daniel Granger Hairdressing are here to inspire, guide and service you, our valued clients. From loyal clients of over 10 years, to welcoming new clients each day, the DG team want to form a partnership with you, your hair, and your story.
To use every ounce of our creativity, flair and premium service in delivering a quality individual hairstyle for our diverse range of clients in a relaxed, friendly, fun yet professional atmosphere, built around the customer.
Drawing on our training and innovation, we are committed to the ongoing education and upskilling of the whole team, as well as playing our part in the development of quality hair colour and care products. To ensure we are adept with the fundamentals of cutting, styling and colouring, so that our competence breeds confidence. To grow with the trends and enhance our services around our clients. To leave you, our customers, happy with themselves and wholly convinced of our passion for hair.
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd
Courtney Bishop 01604 230371 Courtney.Bishop@aston-training.co.uk
- One day per week at Aston's Academy in central Northampton, working towards the Hair Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills at Level 1 if applicable
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.