Warehouse and Logistics Apprentice The Hireman
If you want to be part of a company with a fun and engaging culture then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join The Hireman family. You will receive full practical training and be involved in organising the storage and distribution of tools and equipment.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
08 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will work in a small team and the key responsibilities you will learn and then deliver will include the following:
- Safely and efficiently move, load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes; using appropriate machinery where necessary
- Accurately pick equipment ready for delivery
- Check van paperwork and stock when leaving or returning to the depot
- Ensure warehouse is organised, kept clean and tidy with all stock in allocated locations
- Check that equipment is clean, in good order and for damaged or missing items as appropriate
- Ensure branding such as paint and stickers are visible, in good condition, accurate and up to date
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety policy, requirements and safe working practices
- Maintain depot storage areas, car park, yards and entrance to trade counter
- Stock control – carry out stock takes, keep accurate records and stock levels and record and monitor stock defects
- Take ownership for your own performance and training and proactively drive your learning and development
- Challenge the status quo and champion continuous improvement and change
- Live The Hireman’s 7 Standards of Service
Requirements and prospects
- Focused with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative, work independently as well as part of a team
- Personal commitment
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Positive, proactive and takes pride in your work
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to follow instructions and learn new tasks
Drivers licence would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to progress in our business so there are real opportunities for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please ensure you give as much detail as possible with your application and check your commute time/method.
The role is depot based.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Established in 1985, The Hireman is a growing family business that provides tool and equipment services to professional contractors working in London and the Home Counties. We’re successful because we go out of our way to help our customers, we value our people, and we give them opportunities for training and career advancement.
WEIR TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weir Training Ltd
Kerry Newton 01932 567626 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Supply chain warehouse operative apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills if required
The apprentice will gain a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative qualification which will be delivered by Weir Training Limited.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.