Electrical Engineering Apprentice A F SWITCHGEAR LIMITED
The role is well suited to candidates who have an interest in engineering and are committed to beginning a career in this sector. Upon successful completion of you apprenticeship there could be the opportunity to pursue engineering, supervisory or sales opportunities within the company.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
08 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Learn how to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Be trained on how to assemble a range of control panels
- Learn how to inspect and test components
- Learn how to maintain control panels, machines and equipment
- Learn about the wiring of panels and how to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Gain a good understanding of the sector and the products and services supplied by AF Switchgear
- Attend college and produce work of a high standard
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE at grades A-C/7-4 or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
PLEASE NOTE – you are welcome to submit your application on this portal (.GOV.UK) but this employer requires an additional and more detailed application. You can find this vacancy by visiting https://www.visionapprentices.co.uk/
If you have any difficulty in completing the additional application – please call the apprenticeship team on 0800 121 8317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will come back to you.
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave.
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post.
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Vision Apprentices are delighted to be working with AF Switchgear Ltd to recruit 4 Electrical Engineering apprentices.
AF Switchgear are one of the UK’s largest Switchgear Manufacturers. Established in 1974, they have unrivalled experience in the design and manufacture of electrical switchgear and control applications.
The company operate from three modern sites in Sutton in Ashfield which cover: Sales, Design, Administration, Manufacturing, Fabrication and Paint. For further company information please visit www.afswitchgear.co.uk/
To support their continued growth, AF Switchgear are looking to appoint a number of intelligent and hardworking apprentice engineers to join their well-established team.
The main focus of your work will involve panel building and the associated assembly, maintenance and inspection. You will be part of a small team and will have the opportunity to move around the various teams on the shop floor to allow you to develop your skill set and become a multi skilled engineer. You will be working in a modern manufacturing environment and should be practically minded with a strong academic background.
As part of your apprenticeship you will attend Vision West Nottinghamshire College 1 day per week to complete an electrical engineering apprenticeship. You will study at the Engineering Innovation Centre, located on Oddicroft Lane.
A F SWITCHGEAR LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Engineering Fitter Level 3 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.