Manufacturing Operative Apprentice Tyneside Safety Glass Co Ltd
Due to a period of continued expansion, Tyneside Safety Glass have an exciting opportunity for two apprentices to join the business in the role of production operator. Working at the company’s Team Valley branch you’ll be working in both a fast paced and customer focused environment ensuring customer satisfaction is your primary driver.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 46.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
08 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Tyneside Safety Glass has been at the top of it’s industry for over 80 years and are a one of the UK’s leading privately owned glass processing companies. They supply specialist toughened and laminated glass products to markets throughout the world.
Duties to include:
- Working with state-of-the-art machinery and equipment to a competent level in your work area
- Complete relevant paperwork throughout the shift
- Communicating with members of the production team on a daily basis
- Achieve daily targets and report anomalies
- Ensure college work and projects are kept up to date
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures
- Carry out good housekeeping
- Carry out new and additional tasks when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven evidence of being able to follow instructions clearly
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Flexibility with a can do attitude
- Keen to learn new skills
4 GCSEs which must include maths and English at grade 4/C or above (or equivalent).
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, there are opportunities for progression in all areas of the company.
Things to consider
Candidates must be able to travel to the employer premises for a 6am start. Please consider travel arrangements prior to applying for this role.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Tyneside Safety Glass have been established for over 80 years and are a one of the UK’s leading privately owned glass processing companies who supply specialist toughened and laminated glass products to markets throughout the world.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Bethany Kemp 07572589076 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.