Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Green & Green
This full time position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance in a dental career and gain direct experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. In practice you will work closely with the dentist, assisting in surgery, as well as sterilisation, decontamination and clinical duties, as well as possible reception cover.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
08 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application.
Duties will include:
- Preparing surgery/materials/instruments for each patient
- Following decontamination/sterilising protocol
- Safe disposal of clinical waste
- Processing all practice policies and procedures
- Obeying all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality
Our course provider Dentrain Professionals Ltd offer the City and Guilds accredited Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing Apprenticeship. For more information please see their website:
Requirements and prospects
- IT Literate
- Good telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
- Passionate about working with a range of people
- Personally well presented
- Eager to learn
- GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A*-D/9-3 in English Language and/or English Literature and maths are essential
Upon completion of this Apprenticeship, the Apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.
Things to consider
Access to a computer/laptop and the internet is essential
To enable us to consider your application can you please send your full CV, ensuring it contains all the following:
- Full Name
- Date of birth
- Full address including postcode
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Education History - Including dates and qualifications obtained (English/maths GCSE results required)
- Details of previous employment including roles and responsibilities/extra curriculum activities
- A personal statement about yourself
- Cover letter/statement of why you would like to become a Dental Nurse
Please send/attach as a PDF or word document to Joanne@dentrain.net
NB**** Failure to provide these details will result in your application for the above post not being processed.
Exams are held at Dentrain Professionals, 22 Bridge Street, Bolton, BL1 2EA
About the employer
Dental Practice based in Wigan that prides itself on creating a friendly and welcoming environment for patients.
Green & Green
DENTRAIN PROFESSIONALS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dentrain Professional Ltd
Joanne Curley 01204 4528652 Joanne@dentrain.net
Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship standard lasting 24 months which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.