Fire Systems Apprentice Technician Pacific Fire & Security Limited
Pacific are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join the Fire Detection department of the business. Candidates will be fully supported with training schemes and subject to performance throughout training, will be guaranteed a full-time position within the business.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
05 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Installing, maintaining, and carrying out repairs on a range of fire alarm systems
- Communicating with customers to meet their needs and build relationships
- Work within a growing team to complete work and meet deadlines
- Work onsite every day, attending scheduled visits in buildings around the South East
- Building reports for the office
- Attending emergency call requests with your mentor to resolve issues quickly
- All whilst completing the training course chosen by Pacific
- Gain valuable experience as you learn your trade. Pacific will pair you with a dedicated mentor that is knowledgeable in their work. You will learn from them experience that can only be taught on the job
- Complete a recognised training scheme that will provide you with the qualifications to take you anywhere
- Paid for travel, depending on your age, and driving experience - a company vehicle
- Mobile phone
- Company events
- Career progression as far as you want to go in your career
- Pacific are looking for a candidate that is willing to put their all into the apprenticeship, someone who is dedicated, keen to learn and keen to progress
- When fully qualified, this trade sometimes demands long working hours, night and weekend work and emergency rotas. The candidate should be mindful of this when looking to progress with their career
- Candidates should be good team players, logical thinkers and be very practical with their approach to work
- We are looking for someone who wants to make this a long-term career and someone who is keen to do well in their studies and listen to their designated mentor
- A driving licence for apprentices is not required, but is preferred. Candidates who are looking to make this a long-term career should be mindful that we will expect them to hold a driving licence as soon as they are able to and will be expected to drive a company van or car around London every day in the future. Public transport costs will be covered in the interim period of their learning
- Pacific’s head office is in Ashford, Kent. Apprentices applying for the role will need to be able to make their way to this location independently when requested for training, reviews, and other ad-hoc purposes
Requirements and prospects
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Office Packages
- A good understanding of IT in general
- Driving licence preferred, but not required
- Good communication skills to perform as part of a team and provide excellent levels of customer service
- Practical approach to work
- Logical thinking capabilities
- Self-discipline to study and work at the same time
- Time management and punctuality
- Confidence to ask questions, deal with customers and to ask for help when needed
Maths and English preferred but not essential.
Building a career in the fire alarm industry ensures long-term career progression and success in terms of workplace satisfaction and financial reward.
Fully qualified engineers that work with Pacific can expect competitive salaries, company benefits such as events, company car and a mobile phone. Pacific has an exciting and diverse customer portfolio, working with some of Britain’s best-known brands. For more information Pacific and what we do, please visit: www.pacific-uk.co.uk
About the employer
Our business is expanding in stature and reputation, but our mission remains straightforward: to provide our clients with the world’s best fire and security technology, backed by exceptional service they can trust.
We are exceptionally proud of the entire Pacific Fire and Security team: our highly-trained and experienced engineers; the extremely helpful client support team; and our members who have come through our apprenticeship scheme.
Always on the cutting edge of new technology, we have the capacity to provide a solution for any size of business or organisation. Quality, expertise and excellent customer service remain our core values.
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills for Security Ltd
Pacific will pair the apprentice with an experienced fire alarm engineer. Apprentices may switch between two senior engineers as and when required. This will give the apprentice an opportunity to travel to real-life sites and take part in real-life learning scenarios as well as meeting our client base.
Pacific have a training suite in the Ashford Office, where we will provide any additional training on our test equipment. This will be done alongside their studies and onsite work.
Once studies are complete, Pacific will also put apprentices forward for industry standard training courses, such as FIA, CSCS etc. As well as manufacturer training courses, such as Advanced and GENT.
Apprentices will be required to attend the Skills for Security training centre on a block release basis. Following completion of the training and a final assessment they will receive a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.