Business Administration Apprentice PORTUS AND WHITTON LANDSCAPE LIMITED
To provide support to the Business Support Manager and Landscape Architects to ensure the continued smooth running of the Business. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2021
£130.00 - £150.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Sep 2021
04 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Administration and More!
- A varied, interesting job in a small company
- Assisting the Business Support Manager and Landscape Architects with the exciting projects they work on
- Ideal if you use CAD or have experience of design/construction games
- A great opportunity to learn new skills in a relaxed, friendly team environment
Main duties will include:
- To provide Reception Services, office telephone, post and general email contact
- To follow office procedures and systems and assist other staff in delivering procedures
- To maintain office systems and follow data management protocols
- To assist Landscape Architects in their work such as research and CAD work
- Occasional site visits
- To manage stationery stock and purchase office supplies
- To assist with the administration of Staff and Job records using relevant software
- To assist with IT queries, printers and work with our IT Support
- To maintain and update the website/social media under the supervision of the BS Manager
- To undertake regular system back-ups and other IT maintenance and security activities
- To undertake any supporting tasks assigned by the Team
- To provide tea or coffee for meetings as required and to tidy afterwards
- Fire test and Health and Safety monitoring as required
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively
- Good standard of English, maths and IT
- Ability to handle a varied workload
- Some previous work experience in an Office environment
- Additional IT knowledge and experience
- Use of CAD, Graphics software etc.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Sense of humour and ability to work in a team
- An interest in Landscape, construction and Gardens
- An interest in Design and use of CAD, possibly even from Gaming/Hobbies
- GCSE English & maths, grade 9-4/A*-C (or equivalent qualifications)
Potential opportunity for continued employment after apprenticeship is complete.
Things to consider
- You will get the chance to learn how a business works
- You will be able to go out on site
- This is a great opportunity to learn more about Landscape Architecture as well as completing a Business Admin Apprenticeship
- You can get involved in Technical work if you want to
- There will be an element of clearing up and washing up!
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Portus + Whitton are a small company of Landscape Architects. The projects we undertake all have an emphasis on creativity and design combined with the professional knowledge of construction and horticulture. We have been established in the Cotswolds since 1984 and are a Landscape Institute Registered Practice. Our team is made up of four Directors plus eight Landscape Architects specialising in CAD design, contract administration, garden design, and the research and restoration of historic landscapes.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cirencester College
Nikki Woodcock 01285 626256 email@example.com
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Each apprentice will be allocated a Coach to support ongoing learning and preparation for EPA. In addition, Progress Reviews will take place regularly to ensure the apprentice is on track.
End Point Assessment
The three EPA assessment methods are:
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio-based Interview
- Project Presentation
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.