Apprentice Butcher THE LAMBING SHED FARM SHOP LTD
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate apprentice to assistant in our Butchery department. All the beef and lamb we sell is home-reared on our working farm and we pride ourselves in sourcing local chicken and pork to complement this. We practice traditional whole animal butchery and provide high end customer service to our customers.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
03 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting butchers in general duties
- Making sausages/burgers and other value added products
- Ensuring cleaning and hygiene standards are maintained and cleaning procedures followed
- Serving and assisting customers on a daily basis
- Packing meat products for pre-packed sales
- Maintaining displays, both on the butchery counter and in our multi-decks
- Trimming and cutting meat
- Progression to more advanced butchery
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills and confidence in communicating with the public
- Ability to work well, both in a team and independently
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Enthusiastic and able to take instruction
- Presentable and able to communicate with the public
- Positive attitude and passion for butchery
Desired qualifications for a Level 2 Apprenticeship:
- English and Maths - Minimum acceptable grade E or 2
- Functional Skills level 1 - English and Mathematics - Pass
Progression to qualified butcher.
Things to consider
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentices contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period.
About the employer
The Lambing Shed Farm Shop and Café is set in over 400 acres of Cheshire farmland, housed in the very building where Farmer Arnold Mitchell and his son Michael reared their sheep over 60 years ago. The Mitchell family decided to open The Lambing Shed in 2015, in order to showcase their award -winning home-reared beef and lamb, along with the very best Cheshire has to offer in terms of fine food and drink.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
- Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.