Chef Apprentice for Farm Shop Light Ash Farm Shop
We are looking for a chef to join the team here at our farm house. This is a great opportunity to develop your culinary skills, whilst undertaking a level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 24.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
03 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Role and responsibilites;
- Assist the team in the day to day running of the farm cafe
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Cook and prepare items on the menu
- Ensure you are following company to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities, including meeting all off the job targets
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Hard working & enthusiastic
- No GCSEs required, but must demonstrate the ability to achieve maths/English L1 functional skills as indicated in BKSB assessment
- Permanent position for right candidate
Things to consider
Please check location before applying - St Michael's Road, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0RS
Salary will increase in time.
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
Please Note: The apprenticeship has been extended to justify the reduced daily working hours.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Light Ash farm was previously a Lancashire dairy farm, and had been for many years. Now the home of the Morgan family, Edith a farmers daughter decided back in 2012 she would like to develop the disused barn into an outlet for local produce, a subject Edith is passionate about. July 2013 saw the opening of not just a farm shop but also a cafe where Edith can showcase her own home cooked food. The barn and farm is nestled just 1/2 mile off st Michaels road Bilsborrow, and sits adjacent to the river Brock, offering visitors superb views and wildlife.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Production Chef – Level 2
- Main learning objectives: The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food, procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment, standards and operating procedures, personal development and performance, key nutrient groups, legal requirements
- Functional Skills – if required
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes 3 assessment methods. These include an ‘On demand test’, a 120-minute practical observation and a professional discussion. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.