Hospitality Apprentice for Farm Shop Light Ash Farm Shop
We have a great opportunity for someone to join our front of house team in our farm shop. During your role here you will work towards a level 2 hospitality qualification. We are located 1/2 mile off st Michaels road, Bilsborrow, and sit adjacent to the river Brock.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 24.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
03 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Role and responsibilities;
- Take customer orders and payments via the till systems
- Greet customers upon arrival, offering a service through their visit.
- Offer advice on Menu items
- Serve food and drink
- Clear tables
- Take responsibility for other cleaning duties
- Deal with any customer complaints effectively
- Continual professional development, including 20% off job work for your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Hard working
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- No GCSEs required, but must demonstrate the ability to achieve maths/English L1 functional skills as indicated in BKSB assessment
- Permanent position for right candidate
Things to consider
Salary will increase over time.
Please check location before applying, you will need own transport or a reliable way of travelling.
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
Please Note: The length of the apprenticeship has been extended as the working week has been reduced.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Light Ash farm was previously a Lancashire dairy farm, and had been for many years. Now the home of the Morgan family, Edith a farmers daughter decided back in 2012 she would like to develop the disused barn into an outlet for local produce, a subject Edith is passionate about. July 2013 saw the opening of not just a farm shop but also a cafe where Edith can showcase her own home cooked food. The barn and farm is nestled just 1/2 mile off st Michaels road Bilsborrow, and sits adjacent to the river Brock, offering visitors superb views and wildlife.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.email@example.com
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Hospitality Team Member – Level 2
- Main learning objectives: Customer profiles and expectations, teamwork and methods of communication, business vision and values, personal discipline in approach to work, legislative responsibilities, the use of technology
- Functional Skills – if required
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes an ‘On demand test’, practical observation, a business project, a professional discussion
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.