Care Support worker apprentice Bloomsbury House
Care Support worker to support individuals with personal care, promote independence and monitor any changes over a 24-hour period. Working towards the Level 2 Healthcare support worker apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Feb 2022
03 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Personal care
- Preparing individuals for healthcare activities
- Supporting before, during and/or after those activities in line with their care plan
Non- clinical duties can include:
- Keeping records
- Making beds
- Tidying up your work areas
- Supporting with mealtime
- You will be able to address straightforward problems in your day to day work
Requirements and prospects
- Good handwriting skills
- Team worker
- Respecting individuals for who they are and treating people with respect and dignity
- Commitment to quality care and support
- Be a good listener and get to know their individual needs
- Respect people’s rights to make their own choices and how they want to be supported
GCSEs or equivalent grades A*-C / 4-9 in maths and English.
To be decided upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Must enjoy working with the elderly.
Shift work, including occasional week ends.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
About the employer
Provides residential care for the elderly.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship works 01922 651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Healthcare support worker apprenticeship standard
Healthcare support worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.