Apprentice Dental Nurse Rothwell Dental Surgery
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 05 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Jan 2023
26 Feb 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery. This includes but is not exhaustive to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, good communication skills, computer literate and keen to learn
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- GCSE, or equivalent, maths and English Grade C/4 and above
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer whom has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
We offer a wide range of NHS & private treatments from routine preventative care to more complex procedures including periodontics, endodontics, surgical dentistry, dentures, veneers, crowns, bridges, smile makeovers, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, teeth straightening and invisible braces.
Our personalised approach takes into account the needs of every patient, developing individual treatment plans to achieve optimal results.
The surgery is fully computerised using the latest “Software of Excellence” dental software; in addition we have the latest digital x-ray equipment.
Rothwell Dental Surgery
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Swati Singh 01708579902 email@example.com
The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Functional skills in maths and English, if required.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.