Lean Manufacturing Apprentice Tcl Packaging Ltd
CL Packaging is a BRC ‘AA’ rated manufacturer of printed flexible film packaging. Lean Manufacturing Apprentices are required to be trained in all aspects of lamination and coating of flexible packaging films and papers, whilst working to achieve a Lean Manufacturing apprenticeship at Level 2
Closing date: 16 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
26 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Lamination and Coating Apprentice - reporting to the Production Manager. Duties will include:
- being trained in all aspects of lamination and coating of flexible packaging films and papers
- Accurately record production records and information using shop floor data capture systems
- Become competent and proficient in the operation of laminating and coating equipment under the guidance of experience and skilled operatives
- Adhere to and practice safe systems of operation and fully understand hygiene and health and safety procedures in a BRC approved manufacturing facility
- Accurate allocation of raw materials to each job reference
- Perform operator checks and ensure correct quantities are produced, quality standards are achieved and that specifications meet customer requirements
- Understand the application of solvent based and solvent free adhesive and coating systems used in the process
- All operatives must complete and satisfactorily achieve a formal driving test to be placed on the grading structure.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in a volume manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Good maths skills
- Good written and verbal communications
- Confident IT and keyboard skills (for data retrieval and entry to production data capture systems)
- Good eye for detail and accuracy
- Keen to commit to this apprenticeship and achieve qualifications
GCSE grades A-C (9-4) in English and Maths as a minimum
To become a full time employee as a laminator / coater operative (grade C pay grade)
There is an opportunity to progress initially through to grade E, which is a skilled printer.
There are three printer grades from E to G with grade G being the highest skill level linked to experience. Formal industry based printing training would be required in order to progress beyond the initial grade linked to the coater laminator grade.
Things to consider
About the employer
CL Packaging is a BRC ‘AA’ rated manufacturer of printed flexible film packaging. We were established in 1999 and our processes are certified to ISO 14001 Environmental Management and ISO 9001 Quality Management standards.
Our packaging is used by many of the UK’s leading retailers including Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl and Waitrose who demand high quality packaging that meet their individual specifications and bespoke requirements.
TCL provides expertise in printing, coating, lamination and micro perforation of films. All processes are completed in-house which ensures that we have control over each stage of an order from receipt through to packing and despatch. Each member of the TCL team offers expertise in their own field from Customer service, Printing, Technical, Reprographics, Quality and Operations.
Customers are at the heart of our business and we work closely with them to create innovative packaging solutions within budget constraints, meet deadlines and most importantly of all that the packed product is safely preserved.
TCL flexible film packaging is used by many well-known food and non-food brands and we also provide many solutions for smaller niche manufacturers due to the flexibility of our run sizes.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2
This apprenticeship will be delivered via virtual classroom sessions, including distance learning materials, as well as regular visits by your assessor, at the company site.
'Off the Job Training' subjects include:
- Health & Safety within a Manufacturing Environment
- Communicating and Working effectively within a Manufacturing Environment
- Working Relationships and Individual Rights & Responsibilities within a Manufacturing Environment
- Application of Workplace Organisation and Work Related Problem Solving Techniques
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.