Apprentice Technical Support Technician Rotec Engineering Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful candidate to enter into an apprenticeship where they will be trained in the Manufacturing process of Precision Machining engineering. This position has great potential to grow into a very rewarding career.
Closing date: 23 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
05 Mar 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Initially time will be spent being trained on and learning the various types of 3,4 & 5 Axis machines that are used in the business, incorporating Milling, Turning and various Machining processes. This will be complemented by gaining a sound understanding of the manufacturing process and schedule requirements in a fast-paced dynamic, precision engineering company. You will support the manufacturing team to deliver the quality and quantity of products in a timely manner. You will be involved in the creation, ordering, scheduling & daily manufacture of the many components that are manufactured at Rotec.
The key learning opportunities for the role are:
- Working to schedule requirements
- Operating / Setting / Programming various CNC machinery
- Application / Understanding of Engineering Drawings.
- Interpretation of Purchase Orders / Works Orders
- Gain understanding in the Contract Process
- Working with CAD / CAM
- Undertaking Milling, Turning techniques
- The use of engineering measuring equipment
- Working within specific tolerances
- Knowledge of the companies Quality & Inspection process
- Adhering to health and safety requirements
- Gain an understanding of the manufacturing process and principles
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Enjoy working hands on with manual equipment
- Enjoy working practically
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D components
Good level of mathematics with a lean towards geometrical principles
The ideal candidate will be:
- Natural problem solver with a logical approach.
- Excellent timekeeping
- Passionate and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good communication skills
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
Desire to progress within the business.
You must have a minimum grade 4 or above (grade A-C) in maths and English
Permanent position available
Things to consider
Please research the location of LEMA Academy as well as the location of the employer to ensure that you can travel to both locations.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Rotec Engineering specialises in complex 3, 4 and 5 Axis alongside the latest Sliding Head technology, with the capability to machine in a variety of exotic and conventional materials. Supplying various industries including Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Automotive including Formula 1.
Rotec Engineering has grown considerably over recent years, with heavy investment in the latest machines and £8 million total investment. Due to the expansion and the success of Rotec we moved to a state-of-the-art purpose built Advanced Manufacturing Centre in 2017.
Here at Rotec we believe strongly in education, training and giving the right opportunities. The importance of apprenticeships and training the engineers of the future is key to British manufacturing.
Rotec Engineering Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Linda Hall 07896482556 email@example.com
You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks. During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on a Technical Support Technician Engineering Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.